Monday, February 14, 2011

Saigon – Too Long ft. Black Thought [Bonus Track]




Why this is a bonus track I haven’t a clue. It would have easily been one of the best tracks off ‘Greatest Story Never Told’. The beat has a fantastic little guitar loop and some nice drums and the chorus is fantastic; by far Saigon’s best attempt at singing and far superior to a lot of his tone-deaf choruses on the album. Saigon’s two verses cover some ‘common’ problems that those in poverty face when trying to break out of its cycle. Black Thought, Hip-Hop’s most consistent MC, lays out a decent verse as well. I’ve gotta give to credit to Saigon for out performing Black Thought on this, I certainly wouldn’t have picked it.

Rating: 9/10
 
If you enjoyed this make sure you pick up Saigon’s Greatest Story Never Told, which I should have a review up of in a couple of days.

5 comments:

  1. nice to hear some Saigon. I use to be a fan of some of his older work. sweet track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went ahead and downloaded the song! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He needs to do himself a favor and sellout so he can make some money. He's too talented to be broke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another amazing track. Thanks once again. You are helping me diversify my music library :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saigon is pretty good, a friend of mine is completely obsessed with them. I'm not, but I see where he is coming from ;)

    ReplyDelete