Monday, July 4, 2011

Track Review: Common - Ghetto Dreams ft. Nas (Prod. No I.D.)



 Ghetto Dreams is Common’s first single off his upcoming album, The Dreamer, The Believer. My Hat's off to No I.D. for his production here, it sounds like a modern day revision of a 90's 'banger' with it's looped sample arrangement and vocal cuts for a chorus.
The type of bitch that Big said he would die for
Is the type that I would rather stay alive for
While I never would have thought 'women' would be a suitable topic for this brand of production, Common's musings on the perfect woman and Nas' braggadocios adventures concerning the opposite sex both work because they apply the same flow and delivery you'd expect from either of them on a 'street track'.

Rating: 8/10 

Download: Common - Ghetto Dreams ft. Nas | Lyrics 
Previously: Nas - Nasty
.

1 comment:

  1. Epic track, already have it =3

    Good rating, I'd agree on an 8, but I'm leaning a little more towards 7

    ReplyDelete